Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wales!

So it's that time of the year again - exams; which means travelling up to Wales. On the day I was set to travel, I managed to faff to such a degree that even I was astounded. Some things weren't my fault. Such as discovering someone had knocked my wing mirror off (why today of all days?). Reattaching a mirror is, well, tricky. But that done and the car finally loaded up, I set off - just as it was thinking about getting dark. The journey was fine until I approached Wales, then it began to rain. And it was dark. And the combination meant I couldn't see very well. I have to confess there were a few moments, when large trucks were passing that the spray was so intense that I really couldn't see anything. Very scary and stressful.

The hail outside my window at WEST
Having arrived safely and had a good night sleep at WEST, I awoke to the sound of rain. But you know, it's not true what they say about Wales - it doesn't rain all the time. It stopped. But this was only so that it could hail, which it did with outstanding efficiency. But this only lasted for awhile and so I braved the weather to go and explore my now customary study spot. It was cold, but at least it wasn't overgrown (got lost in a field of ferns last time). The weather decided that now would be a good time for a bit of variation and so brought out it's finest high-powered wind. Now you have to understand, I like a good bit of wind as much as the next guy - you know extreme weather etc etc. But this? Hello? I was actually scared that my car was going to be flipped over. And I had to get out and stand in it just for the sheer joy of walking at such an absurd angle.

Anyway, have now taken two exams. I think they have gone okay, but then again, I thought I had produced a stonker of an essay - but only got a 'C' for it, so who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment