Monday, June 21, 2010

Eurovision Song Contest 2010

I realise it's been sometime since the Eurovision Song contest has finished, but I've been busy.

It's been years since I've actually watched this rather peculiar Euro tradition, but as it happened I was at home and so tuned into this year's entrainment.

To my shame I have a dark and embarrassing secret: I actually really enjoyed it. Some of the acts had me laughing; some had me cringing (like the UK's entry); but some (in a Euro-poppy kind of way) were really good! I have whittled out the totally awful entries and compiled a playlist on Spotify... but beware. This list of songs contains some nutty entries, like Armenia's 'Apricot Stone' – apparently something of a symbol in Armenia!  But to the uninitiated it seems a trifle odd.

Click on the pic to see my top 19 Eurovision songs from 2010. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment